Our client is a long standing and well-respected provider of funeral services to the Rotorua area. Committed to honouring and respecting the wishes of the deceased and their families; they are seeking to recruit a Qualified Funeral Director who will complement their current team of dedicated professionals.
This is a multifaceted role that will be responsible for all aspects of the funeral process from the initial contact with the family; planning, coordinating and conducting the funeral process; through to administration for business and legal purposes. Working on a roster system, you will at times be on call / first response and responsible for:
- The initial contact with the bereaved families
- Making of initial arrangements
- Consulting with the families to assess their needs and wishes
- Planning, co-ordinating and conducting funeral/cremation/memorial services
- Preparation of all necessary paperwork and legal documentation
This is both a very challenging and rewarding role requiring a dynamic personality that can fit effortlessly into a warm, supportive team environment but who is also capable of working confidently and competently on their own.
Key attributes of the successful candidate will include;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to portray warmth and confidence in their dealings with people
- Ability to be socially perceptive and engage with people from a variety of backgrounds
- A quality customer service orientation
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- An eye for detail
- Professionally presented
- A full and clean New Zealand drivers licence
A Funeral Directing or Embalming qualification is essential.
Please apply online with your CV and Cover Letter addressed to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment & Human Resource Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd.
Applications will be treated in confidence and close on Friday 22nd October 2021.
Apply for this job