He mahi ngātahi – Working in partnership
Come and join the team at TRILITY based in the heart of the Bay of Plenty, Rotorua. TRILITY are an established industry leader, who for over 25 years have been solely dedicated to the delivery of water, wastewater and reuse solutions across New Zealand and Australia’s municipal, industrial and resource sectors.
Their leadership has been created through their very capable and experienced people who are striving to provide high-quality solutions to their public and private sector clients. Their full range of services includes financing, design and construction, operations and maintenance, asset management, utility services, and equipment solutions. Their capabilities span the full life cycle of water, delivering services to millions of people every day.
TRILITY is looking to fill the role of Senior Project Manager within their team. Reporting to the Manager Projects, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of large, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction projects, safely, on time, to scope, and in compliance with regulatory requirements and on budget. The role will also assist in securing of new projects as required in support of tendering teams.
Key accountabilities of this role include;
- Contribute towards securing of new projects, incl managing bids for specific projects
- Building of key relationships with client project teams and key stakeholders
- Develop management plans for new projects
- Assemble and lead multi-disciplinary project teams
- Provision of leadership and mentoring to project team
- Support and lead Design Managers to develop quality robust designs to support project delivery
- Execute optimal procurement strategies
- Ensure TRILITY’S systems for Safety, Quality and Environment are fully utilised – ensuring a safety-first culture
- Working closely with Construction, Site and Commissioning Managers to plan and execute commissioning of projects
- Project compliance – contractual and performance
- Monthly reporting on risk, budget and work schedule, and project performance
- Identify, assess and reduce risk during project delivery
- Successful close out of all documentation and defects
We are looking someone who is degree qualified with a minimum of ten years’ experience and a proven track record in successful project delivery across project management, construction management design management and /or project engineering. You will also have a good level of inter disciplinary engineering knowledge with particular regard to process, mechanical, electrical and civil engineering. Understanding of BIM and digital engineering practices are also key requirements. You will also be able to demonstrate through your work history experience delivery of D&C projects over $20m in capital value.
A strong safety and compliance focus and experience managing these on brownfield construction sites are of particular importance to this role. You will have the ability to build strong relationships that are customer centric, along with prior experience leading and developing a team of technical staff and sub-contractors to a high-performance ethos. Sound knowledge of complex equipment procurement and contract management processes. Commercial acumen and demonstrated budgeting and forecasting skills, as well as strong contract management stills, scheduling projects and project scope and risk management are all important areas of experience required.
You’ll be an enthusiastic and dedicated leader, with high levels of initiative and drive. An analytical and critical thinker, you’ll be organised, with a real ability to focus on delivery of key results while influencing and motivating others along the way. You’ll demonstrate flexibility, creativity and resilience with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
It is preferred that the successful candidate resides in the Rotorua region, however there is also an office in Mt Maunganui that could be used as a base. There will be regular travel required for this role.
A fantastic opportunity to join this progressive company, based in a vibrant and thriving city with an abundance of lifestyle activities and outdoor pursuits on offer. Please send your application letter and CV online to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd – apply online at www.talentid.co.nz or email to Kellie@talentid.co.nz.
Applications close Wednesday 22nd September 2021 and will be treated confidentially
Apply for this job