Our client is an Ahu Whenua Maori Land Trust based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, established in 1999. They now seek to move into a phase of growth and portfolio expansion which is aligned with their kaupapa as stated in their Trust Deed.
As a new role within organisation, this is both reflective of the growth and future aspirations to future proof assets for future generations. This key role will be responsible for the success and growth of the Trust aligning with the kaupapa of the Trust Deed. The General Manager will be responsible for building strong partnerships and relationships both internally and externally within the wider community. Current assets are predominately within the horticulture sector, however future growth aspirations include a diversified portfolio of co-investment opportunities. Reporting to a Board, the General Manager is an integral member of the management team and will ensure effective and safe management is achieved along with budget and profitability targets. It is imperative that the successful candidate will be passionate the community and region. You will create and nurture a culture that is innovative, future focussed and committed to the development of the Trust.
The General Manager will work towards developing a world-class business and maintaining the Trusts kiwifruit products, develop a diversified portfolio of co-investment opportunities and embrace ways to better embody kaitiakitanga and look after the land. The three main priorities for the GM within this role will be - availability of land for whanau use, providing financial benefit to whanau owners, growing businesses that can sustain whanau and give them opportunities to move home.
Key accountabilities include;
- Strategic management and development – driving investment frameworks
- Development of detailed investment and development plans including business case analysis
- Business development – identification and development of investment frameworks
- Project Management – planning and implementation of key projects
- Overseeing operational management of existing horticulture operations
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Financial management, planning and reporting
With an inquisitive, creative and innovative nature you’ll bring a proactive approach to develop the right solution for the organisation. Methodical and systems oriented you’ll enjoy analysis and have strong numerical skills. You’ll pride yourself on being an independent thinker and a confident communicator able to logically collect, collate and present your findings. The successful candidate will have a high level of business and commercial acumen, along with the ability to analyse potential investments and assess risk factors. You’ll also have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage key stakeholder relationships, manage multiple projects and be a strategic thinker.
The successful candidate will offer;
- A relatable degree ideally within business administration, corporate finance or agri-business or equivalent and applicable experience within a similar business environment
- Familiarity working within Maori land management structures
- Experience within the horticulture sector – specifically Kiwifruit would be advantageous
- Strong financial and accounting acumen
- Experience in investment budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes with clear and practical understanding of profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheets
- An in-depth understanding, knowledge and skills in Te Ao Maori
- Display a high level of initiative, awareness, commitment, professionalism and empathy
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and trust
This role is based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty (Te Kaha) and the successful candidate will ideally need to be easily accessible to Te Kaha. There will be some travel involved with this role, along with meetings/huis outside of normal office hours.
Join an organisation during an exciting new phase of development.
Please apply online with your CV and Cover letter addressed to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment & HR Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd, email@example.com, 07 3491081
Applications will be treated with confidence and close 20th March 2020.
Apply for this job