The client has ambitious growth strategies and the Finance Officer will be expected to support that growth in conjunction with the Finance Manager and the management team.
Key Result Areas:
- Accounting and Reporting
- Accounting & Finance Support to the Finance Manager
- Team Member
- Creditors processing, including:
-Scan and save invoices received in the post.
-Enter invoices into Xero following procedures
-Prepare fortnightly, monthly and urgent payments
-Ensure all invoices are approved by relevant DFA holder before payment
-Make payments via upload to bank and email signatories for authorisation
-Purchase orders where required.
-Follow internal controls
-Email remittances to Creditors
-File, Scan or other as needed.
- Audit Assistance
-Ensure paperwork is all attached, filed and available for audit
- Petrol Cards / Vouchers
- Vehicle Log books
Office Support and Back up:
- Debtors (backup for Tamaki)
- Bank Reconciliations (backup for Tamaki)
- Petty Cash (backup)
- Inventory / Retail stock (as needed)
- Reconcile stock values against monthly physical counts
-Input assistance onto Accounting software.
- Management Reporting (as requested)
- Other Finance / Administration duties, as may be requested.
- Manage your own Health & Safety and consider others.
- Providing support and assistance to the Finance Manager as requested
- Positive attitude, which contributes to an encouraging culture of quality
- Strong maths skills
- Have or working towards a formal accounting qualification beneficial.
- Accounts experience
- Good level of competence across the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Previous experience with Xero (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people in all situations.
- Ability to foster and maintain a relationship of trust with the Trustees, Directors, and owners within the Tauhara North No 2 Trust Group.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, be methodical, and demonstrate a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Demonstrated confidence and motivation.
- Self managing within assigned tasks, and works well under pressure.
- Professional, well presented and approachable.
- Honest with high standards of integrity.
- A learning knowledge of Te Reo and Maori organisation