Our client is based in the timber manufacturing industry and has a new opportunity which will form part of their senior management team.
As a key role within their business we are looking for a Mill Processing and Safety Manager who will be responsible for the implementation and managing of systems and processes across Procurement, Health & Safety and the Sawmill, site wide.
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within either sawmilling, manufacturing and/or engineering. Planer or dry mill processing and fitter maintenance experience would also be advantageous.
Key competencies required include;
- Strong management and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Experience within quality control processes and procedures
- Experience in health, safety and environment management
- The ability to create and implementing efficient and effective systems and processes
- Target and KPI focused
Reporting directly to the CEO our successful candidate will add value to this role through the ability to proactively problem solve and look to improve internal manufacturing processes to improve business outcomes. Proven people management skills coupled with excellent communication and computer literacy skills are also key requirements, along with personal drive, initiative and resourcefulness.
Please apply online with your covering letter and CV addressed to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd. Applications close on Friday 18th June 2021 and will be treated confidentially.
Apply for this job