Our client is a nationwide contracting company and due to the continual growth of the company, an opportunity now exists to co-ordinate and manage land development projects across the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions. This is a pivotal role and requires an experienced, highly organised and motivated person who is committed to the success of the company.
The primary focus of this role will be the regional Operations and Sales management for the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions. To maximise profit and cash flow for the business in a sustainable and scalable manner while at the same time preserving and growing the business value. The role will have a focus on the landscape division and work alongside the other operations manager who has a focus on the erosion control division.
The successful applicant will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Outstanding organisational, management and people skills
- A proven record of operational management, dealing with both clients and staff
- Ability to organise equipment, scheduling and logistics
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to cost and quote accurately on contracts
- A high level of communication with the ability to build strong relationships across a wide spectrum of people
- A current drivers licence, heavy traffic endorsement and machinery experience
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Word & Excel
- A working knowledge of agriculture equipment and use
To succeed in this role we are looking for a candidate who has ideally worked within the agriculture, construction and/or landscaping industry. A commercially minded person, who has the ability to maximise returns for the company, with a focus on service delivery. Highly organised, able to schedule and organise staff and equipment over multiple jobs and be flexible enough to work around changing priorities and tight deadlines. Ultimately a logical, practical thinker who can manage a high-pressure environment, add value to the business and deliver key outcomes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving successful organisation, with scope to advance as the company continues to grow.
Applications close on Friday 2nd April 2021. Please apply online with your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd. Applications will be treated confidentially.
Apply for this job