The Rotorua Airport is the gateway to the beautiful Bay of Plenty region and is an essential hub to the area. Hosting 265,000 passengers per year with daily direct Air New Zealand services between Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
This is a new role within the Airport structure and will report directly to the Chief Executive, whilst working closely with other members of the management team. Essentially this role will be responsible for identifying and maximising commercial activities and revenue opportunities for the Rotorua Airport.
Key aspects of the role include;
- Working strategically with Airline partners to grow traffic to and from Rotorua
- Perform a variety of prospecting initiatives to generate opportunities to supplement any leads provided by marketing initiatives
- Performing daily activities required to build a pipeline of opportunities and generate a an expanded revenue base
- Meet with prospective customers/tenants using a consultative selling process
- Ability to build value around the solution
- Generate awareness of Rotorua Airports Vision, Masterplan and proposed development activities
- Where required renegotiation of existing aviation, commercial, advertising, lease or transport operator agreements
- Work with key customers to enhance mutual growth and revenue opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of business cases as required
- Documentation of agreements
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports as required
We are looking for a degree qualified individual with proven business acumen and experience around dealing with commercial agreements. Our successful candidate will be a creative, blue-sky thinker with an outstanding ability to build key relationships and networks, identify opportunities, and aspire to excellence. Fresh and innovative thinking is key along with a proactive and solution orientated approach.
Please apply online to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd, 0800 850080. Applications close Friday 17th January 2020
Apply for this job