Rotoiti 15 Trust has a proud and unique history as the largest Ahu Whenua block in the Rotorua District. The Trust was formed in 1970 following the amalgamation of over 30 Maori blocks to ensure the protection, retention and growth of resources for the uri, hapu and iwi of this whenua.
Over the past 50 years the Trust has grown significantly, and aspires to continue this growth and to achieve their vision, whilst upholding their core values;
Kia whakamana te tangata We respect and value people
Kia tina te kaitiakitanga We act with integrity
Kia tapu te whenua We value the sacredness of land
Kia tu maia We are courageous
Recently, the Trust has restructured its operations to bring greater focus and discipline to its two core functions of creating and distributing wealth for the benefit of their people, culture and environment. This role will support the board of Trustees and lead the general management of our general operations (excluding commercial operations) and wealth distribution activities.
Key focus areas of the role include;
- Leading the implementation of the Trust’s strategic and annual plans
- Providing governance support to the Board of Trustees and subcommittees
- Developing strategic relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Providing effective communications, advocacy and representation of the Trust in operational forums
- Overseeing the Trust’s staff, finances, policies and risk management functions
- Nurturing a culture that is innovative, future focused and committed to Kaupapa Māori.
- Identify, plan and execute key projects
Applications for this newly created role are sought from candidates who hold a tertiary qualification with a preference to Business, Law, Maori Development or Social Sciences, along with a minimum of three years’ of management experience. Governance experience would also be desirable.
We require a proven leader who has experience working within a kaupapa Maori environment, sound knowledge of and experience in Maori based land activities and the ability to lead teams. With strong general management skills encompassing strategy, business development, finance, marketing, human resources and project management you’ll also be adept at building and nurturing key relationships, have a high degree of financial literacy and be technologically competent.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate will be fluent in Te Reo me ona tikanga.
Please apply online with your Curriculum Vitae to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID. Applications close Friday 30th August and will be treated confidentially.
Apply for this job