Te Reo Irirangi o Te Arawa (TRIOTA) started in the mid-1980s under the old Te Arawa Māori Trust Board and in November 1990 it was established as a Charitable Trust. The key functions of the Trust are to provide governance leadership in promoting the health and well-being of Te Reo Māori for Te Arawa iwi, hapū, whānau and communities. Support, inform and influence Te Arawa initiatives in protecting, promoting and restoring te reo Māori as a nurturing first language; along with Broadcasting Te Arawa news, views and perspectives to Te Arawa communities 24 hours per day and seven days a week.
Having come through a period of development, we now seek a creative and innovative Content Manager to add value through their leadership, planning and delivery of relevant and interesting content to our listeners.
Key accountabilities of the role include;
- Promotion of te reo Maori as a nurturing first language in Te Arawa homes
- Provide leadership across all content delivery platforms and programmes
- Development of key programmes, broadcasting plans, and Te Arawa centric content for both on-air and online
- Lead a cohesive, functional and dynamic team, nurturing a culture that is innovative, created and committed to delivery of a kaupapa Maori service
- Ensure contracted deliverables and targets are met
- Build and maintain key functional relationships
Key requirements also include a relevant content and programming tertiary qualification along with relevant and proven experience. You will also have a comprehensive knowledge and fluency in te reo Maori me nga tikanga and commitment to growing that knowledge both personally and within the organisation. Experience in working with Te Arawa whanau, hapu, iwi, organisations and businesses would also be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be an open minded lateral and creative thinker who has the ability to develop strategies, anticipate trends and be future focussed. Articulating a strong values base with a demonstrated ability to inspire others and build a cohesive high performing team around them. Delivery to deadlines, productivity and having the ability to strategise, plan and co-ordinate key resources to meet objectives are also key elements of success in this role.
To apply please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd. Applications close 19th July 2019 and will be treated confidentially.
Apply for this job