We are currently recruiting a Forestry Manager for a locally owned, Rotorua based, private forestry company, specialising in harvesting and marketing management for a number of forestry clients in the CNI region. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team who specialise in managing a range of contractors harvesting private forests and woodlots.
The role of Forestry Manager will oversee all forest operations with a strong focus on Health & Safety and the establishment of new forests. Working with contractors and crews to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency, ultimately maximising value for their clients. Building trustful rapport’s with clients in order to attract and successfully retain repeat business, you will be confident and well experienced within the Forestry industry.
Key functions; include but not limited to:
- Manage Health & Safety, Environmental and Production Compliance
- Plan and prepare annual budgets and work programs
- Oversee contractor and crew operations
- Complete relevant audits and inspections
- Manage client relationships
- Attract and secure new clients
- Strong experience and understanding of the Forestry Industry
- A high level of commitment to Health & Safety
- Excellent communicator, well organised and strong ability to prioritise
- Strong leadership and management qualities
- Must be proficient with Arc Gis
A great culture and strong team orientation exists within the company, and the role of Forest Manager is a key role adding value and support. The successful candidate will be a team player, posses strong leadership qualities and add maximum value in all areas of forest operations.
Applications close 18th April 2019. Please apply online and address your CV and Cover Letter to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment & Human Resource Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job