The Rotorua Airport is the gateway to the beautiful Bay of Plenty region and is an essential hub to the area. Hosting 250,000 passengers per year with daily direct Air New Zealand services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch.
This is a new role within the Airport structure and will report directly to the Chief Executive, whilst working closely with other members of the management team. Essentially this role will be responsible for the design, delivery, implementation and continuous improvement of the Rotorua Airport SMS, which encompasses all aviation users within the Rotorua Airport aerodrome.
Key aspects of the role include;
- Design, deliver and implement the Rotorua Airports SMS in line with CAA specifications
- Promote and maintain safety standards across all airport users
- Facilitate the risk management process (identification, assessment and control)
- Manage, monitor and review safety performance processes
- Monitor corrective and preventative actions
- Undertake incident investigations where required
- Undertake quality assurance and compliance audits to support ongoing Airport operational certification
- Establish the SMS in hard copy and electronic form
- Support appropriate training on the SMS as required
- Communicate the design and implementation of the SMS across all airport users
- Assist in the design and delivery of a digital strategy to manage all communications relating to SMS
We are looking for a degree qualified individual with excellent project management skills who has the ability to design and build the SMS system around the CAA certified implementation plan. A graduate with 2-3 years’ experience would be ideal. Whilst some experience in Health and Safety and/or Aviation is advantageous it is not essential. Our successful candidate must be computer savvy as recasting the current procedural and operational framework is core to the role. Fresh and innovative thinking is key along with a proactive and solution orientated approach.
Please apply online to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment Ltd, 0800 850080. Applications close Monday 18th February 2019.
Apply for this job